From the Midtown Security Community:
Be aware that a coyote has been positively identified in the 1400 block of Central where it was devouring a neighborhood cat on Saturday, July 24. It has also been seen in the past week on Melrose between Central and Peabody heading north.
We are working in close cooperation with Union Station Police Station on this matter. Here is what you need to do if you see the coyote.
1. Call the police immediately and give the exact location of where the coyote is. Remind them that we have been instructed by Union Station to notify the police and that the coyote has already killed a cat. 545-COPS
2. If you have time, stay on the phone and try to follow the coyote so you can help officers locate it.
3. Be very cautious. This coyote has already killed one cat. Take precautions for young children. Pets should be closely
watched until the coyote can be caught.
4. If you belong to a security service, call them also if you see the coyote.
5. E-mail the time, date, and place of a coyote sighting to Maj. Terry Landrum, Union Station Police, email@example.com.
We will keep you posted on developments with the coyote. Union Station is working to get authorization to set traps. Thank you for your support.