Today is the day for the first annual Cooper-Young Regional Beerfest. Here are a few things you may want to know before arriving:
- The festival will run from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the parking lot south of Lifelink Memphis at 1015 S. Cooper (corner of Walker and Fleece). Doors open at 1 p.m. sharp.
- For those of you who already purchased your tickets at www.cooperyoung.org, make sure you bring your ID. You MUST have this to redeem your tickets. If you purchased a ticket online, your name will be on a list at the door. Simply show your ID, get your wristband and beer mug, then go inside and enjoy some regional beer.
- If you plan on purchasing your tickets on-site, there are a limited number still available. They are $30 for CYCA members and $35 for non-CYCA members. You must pay in cash.
- This is a rain or shine event.
- While we love children, this is not an appropriate place to bring them.
- No pets allowed.
- Au Fond Farmtable will have food and bottled water available for purchase.
- You will be asked to leave if you exhibit inappropriate behavior. We have paid security on-site.
- Yellow Cab will be offering discounted cab rides.
- Designated drivers will be permitted in the festival free of charge but will not be served beer. They will receive a different wristband and be provided free water and soft drinks.
- Bring your questions for the brewers – we want everyone to learn something new. We kept the festival to 400 paid tickets to allow people to converse about beer.
- Keep your eye on our Facebook page and Twitter feed for updates before, during and after the festival.
- No readmittance
- Enjoy yourself!
Schedule of Events
There will be an education tent where brewers and brewery representatives will be talking about beer.
The speaking schedule:
1:45 Ivan Chester (Yazoo)
2:15 Ben Bruker (Schlafly)
2:45 Michael Barzizza (certified Cicerone)
3:10 Sarah Brann (Lazy Magnolia)
3:45 Bill Riffle (Vino’s Brewpub)
4:10 Chuck Skypeck (Boscos/Ghost River)