As of 1:30 PM, MLGW issued the following release:
● MLGW currently has restored power to about 34,000 of 45,000 affected customers.
● MLGW is estimating that final restoration will be completed by late Friday evening, provided that weather conditions do not create additional outages and issues.
● About 120 MLGW crews are currently in the field working to restore power.
● A total of 19 outside crews are expected to arrive by this evening and will begin work tomorrow.
● MLGW’s Customer Care Center will be open to take calls overnight tonight.
● Customers can call 544-6500 to report an outage and 528-4465 to report emergencies such as downed power lines.
● Customers still without power are asked to leave their back gates accessible for MLGW employees if their electric lines are in the back yard.
● Some customers may have damage to their weatherheads. If it is damaged, a customer must have it repaired by a licensed electrician and inspected by Code Enforcement before MLGW can restore your power. An example of a weatherhead can be found here: http://mlgw.com/images/weather_head.jpg