The Cooper-Young LampLighter is currently seeking an Advertising Sales Manager. This is a great opportunity to get involved with your local neighborhood publication and meet some amazing new people and businesses in the process! The ideal candidate will be motivated, able to meet tight deadlines, has strong communication skills and a passion for the LampLighter.
Advertising Sales Manager Job Description
- Communicate with potential advertisers on a regular basis to notify them of deadlines, special events, and advertising opportunities.
- Be knowledgeable about community events and LampLighter information (including distribution, rates, deadlines) as well as advertising opportunities available via online and email blasts
- Respond to advertiser’s emails and phone calls in a timely manner
- If comfortable, assist smaller advertisers with creating a simple ad
- In the current market, we really need some new advertisers to step up. We have our regular advertisers who routinely place an ad, but even some of them have had to scale back. We really need someone who can go “pound the pavement” so to speak and cultivate relationships with new advertisers and convince them to advertise, while maintaining a strong relationship with existing advertisers.
- Listen to the customer’s needs
- Follow up with advertisers to remind them of due dates
- Ensure that all ads are to the layout manager by deadline
- Assist with billing issues as needed
- Average hours spent per week vary. Usually quiet right after paper comes out and then ramps up to being pretty busy the week before and during publication.
- Also starting off requires a bit more time per week, just to get comfortable.
Commission rate = 20%
If you have questions, recommendations or wish to apply, please email email@example.com or call 901-272-2922.