Every year, the Cooper Young Community Association puts together one of the most unique races in the city and we love every minute of it! One of the best parts about our race is that the course runs throughout our great neighborhood so we want to share a few tips for residents (and visitors) to keep everything running smoothly. This year, the race will be held on Friday, September 18th, so keep in mind that:
- The race begins at 7 pm from the Trestle Bridge on Cooper. Streets along the route (see course map here) will be closed beginning at 6:30 pm and will open again once the last runner has passed. All streets should be open by 8:30 pm.
- There will be some great parties along the race route to cheer on the runners. We always have a competition for the best parties of the night, so if you want to sign up be sure to email email@example.com or call 272-2922 before Thursday, September 17th, at 4 pm. You don’t have to register to have a great party, though, so have a fun time cheering the runners on however you can!
- If you want to participate in the race, you can sign up online here until the day of the event or register in person at any of our packet pickups (see schedule here). You can also drop by and register at the race party site (Midtown Autowerks) on Friday beginning at 10 am.
- We’re having a great party to celebrate the run at Midtown Autowerks! Every race participant gets in for free and it’s only $5 at the gate for everyone else. We’ll have our very own beer from Memphis Made brewed just for us as well as food from local restaurants and some great live music. Just remember your ID if you intend to drink and, as always, celebrate responsibly! The party will begin as soon as the first runners finish and ends around 9:30.
- If you’d like to volunteer, we’d love to have you! Take a look at our volunteer opportunities here or come out Friday and we’ll put you to work. All volunteers will get a t-shirt and free access to the party for the evening.