Every year the CYCA helps out with one of the St. Jude Marathon water stations and this year is no different! We’re located near Mile 19 on the corner of Tanglewood and Young (see map below) and we need your help filling cups and cheering on runners. If you are interested in volunteering for this great event, please find the volunteer waiver here , give us a shout at the office (901-272-2922 or email@example.com, and read over the information below.
- The fun begins early for set up at 8:00 so we’ll need some help getting going. If you can’t make it that early, don’t worry: we expect the first runners through around 9:30 so come out by 9:00 am to finish filling cups and learn how to keep the station running.
- Dress warm! The day will start out cool and you may be out for several hours as the runners come through.
- Bring snacks and drinks to keep you energetic. You may not be running but volunteers need fuel, too!
- We’ll be near the corner of Tanglewood and Young but if you’re not sure about the location, head out Friday evening and look for a giant “FS” that should be painted near our spot. You can also figure out where to park.
- We’ll have t shirts of several sizes at the table so look for June Hurt to find your size. June will also be helping organize the station so when you show up, look for her and she’ll get you set up.
St. Jude is one of our best Memphis organizations and volunteering for a water station is a great way to help support them. We hope you’ll join us Saturday morning for another great day of cheering on runners!