It’s time to hang out your shingle for the Cooper-Young Annual Yard Sale. Here’s everything you’ll need to know:
When is the yard sale?
Saturday, May 12, from 8 am until 2 pm, or as early as you feel like getting out there and selling!
When can I use the Classifieds to place my ad?
Now- anytime you like!
How much does it cost?
How do I place my ad and where?
- To place your ad, go to the New Classified Ad form here. The form looks like this:
- Select “Annual Yard Sale” from the “Ad Category” field! (This is important since this is the category folks will browse to see your ad.)
- Enter all of the information in each of the fields, ensuring that your enter your street address in the “Ad Title” and/or in the “Ad Details” box. The Contact person is you, and you should use your e-mail. Your phone number is not required, and you may wish to leave this blank for the yard sale unless you wish to be contacted about specific items you are selling or for some other purpose.
- Include descriptions or lists of items/special items you’re hoping to highlight and catch attention with in the “Ad Details” box beneath whe re you’ve entered your Street Address.
- Once you have entered all your information, type in the sum of the two numbers you see in the box under “Enter the value of the following sum:” (we do this to prevent spammers from using our classifieds and filling them up with excess junk!)
- Click “Continue”
- The next screen allows you to upload images if you have any pictures of items you want to highlight in your ad with photographs. You may enter up to 4 images, and they must be 300kb or smaller.
- After you select an image or images from your hard drive. click “Upload Selected.
- If you do not wish to upload images, simply click “Finish”.
- You will be presented with a sample viewing of your ad, and you will receive an e-mail that includes a link directly to your ad as well as other relevant information about your listing. If anything doesn’t look right, you can edit your ad at any time by clicking on this link in the e-mail and clicking the “Edit Ad” button above your ad.
That’s about everything there is to know. If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Just send an e-mail to “i...@cooperyoung.org“